Cooking with Lisp

Another blog about Lisp, the world's greatest programming language.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Welcome to Cooking with Lisp!

Question: Why does the Internet need another blog about Lisp?

Answer: Because there's not enough of them!

Ok, so I've finally succumbed and have decided to create yet another blog focusing on Lisp, the world's greatest programming language.

Well, what makes me so special? Well, for one thing, I'm getting a Lisp Machine. Yes, an honest-to-goodness, real Lisp Machine. A Symbolics XL1200, to be exact. I'll be getting it 2 weeks from today.

Why would I do such a crazy thing, as opposed to getting something much more practical, like a Powerbook? It's simple, I'm a Lisp addict. I've been involved with Lisp since I was a teenager, a long, long time ago. I'm embarrased to say that my first programming language was Basic, but my second one was Lisp, before college could rot my mind with Pascal.

Lisp is simply the most beautiful, sublime, and elegant language yet invented to express thoughts to a computer.

I hope to show with this blog why I believe that, in the hopes of helping to spread the word about Lisp to the world.

5 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Patrick Logan said...

Great! Welcome.

Where is the syndication URL?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jack J. Coleman said...

Great to see the blog! I am a newbie when it comes to Lisp, so I hope that you will be able to impart some of your vast knowledge on us wanna-bees. What is a Symbolics XL1200? Is is a dinasaur machine from the past purchased on eBay for a bit of nostalgia? Or is it a real, modern box that was specifically designed to process lists?

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of Lisp blogs, so I'm glad to see this one!

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

-Rich
http://www.holygoat.co.uk/

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Editor said...

hey great blog, you're interested in channel cooking right? I have the best website about channel cooking

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Editor said...

Hey there, great blog.. I wanted you to know that I'll launch my new website about convection cooking soon. Not only it will include convection cooking it will include everything about cooking. Check it out in a week or so.. convection cooking I'm creating ebook covers and newsletters rights now.. Have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home