Cooking with Lisp

Another blog about Lisp, the world's greatest programming language.

Friday, June 11, 2004

Alan Kay Wins Kyoto Prize

Alan Kay is one of my computer science heroes. This year, he's won the Draper Prize, ACM's Turing Award, and now the Kyoto Prize.

I asked on the Squeak mailing list how the Turing Award banquet (held last Saturday) went. Dan Ingals said:
Alan did give a brief (*) talk in his inimitable style, giving credit to the many people who have inspired and supported him. It was from the heart and he received a standing ovation at the end.

...

(*) Maria Klawe, ACM president, was Master of Ceremonies. Regarding the time allotted for his acceptance speech, she said she held up three fingers and asked, "Alan, how many fingers am I holding up?" to which Alan responded, "about fifteen."
Dan mentions that Alan's Turing Award Lecture will be delivered in October, just before OOPSLA. I can't wait to see what he says. His speeches and lectures are always great. His Draper Prize acceptance remarks is a great history of the developments of the personal computer at Xerox PARC during the 1970s.

6 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a join list mailing site/blog. It pretty much covers join list mailing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a internet marketing research site/blog. It pretty much covers internet marketing research related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hosting safelist site site/blog. It pretty much covers hosting safelist site related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free list mailing residential site/blog. It pretty much covers free list mailing residential related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey speaking of free things try blingo for free birthday cardfree, its free to sign up and you can win free prizes! I just won a free movie ticket! Lets win together!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Editor said...

hey great blog, you're interested in cooking pot right? I have the best website about cooking pot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home